What is Orthopedic Surgery?
Orthopedic surgery is a medical specialty that focuses on injuries, congenital conditions, acquired disorders, and other health problems that are related to the musculoskeletal system. Specifically, it treats problems in the bones, tendons, ligaments, and joints. This specialty is important as it helps patients diagnosed with musculoskeletal conditions go back to their normal lives and prevents these kinds of injuries from getting worse.
Asian Hospital is a top-notch medical facility when it comes to providing orthopedic surgery in the Philippines. They are equipped with state-of-the-art technologies such as pain modalities and exercise machines for rehabilitation, as well as surgical equipment used to administer necessary orthopedic surgery. They also have machines utilized for MRI and CT scans.
As of June 2023, Asian Hospital houses 49 credentialed medical staff who are geared with experience and expertise and work hand-in-hand to provide satisfactory and patient-centered services. They also take pride in providing pediatric orthopedics in the Philippines to cater to younger patients who have musculoskeletal health conditions.
Orthopedic Surgery Services at Asian Hospital
Asian Hospital takes pride in its multitude of orthopedic surgeon services, which include:
- Spine Surgery, Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- General Orthopedic Surgery
- Sport Medicine & Arthroscopy
- Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
- Sports Medicine
- Spine Surgery / Joint Replacement Surgery / Arthroscopy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy / Sports Medicine / Joint Replacement
- Hand/Upper Extremity and Microvascular Surgery
- Joint Replacement / General Spine
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement and Reconstruction (Bone and Cartilage Transplantation and Joint Revision Surgery)
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy
- Musculoskeletal Tumor Surgery/ Orthopedic Oncology
- Joint Replacement Hip & knee / Knee sports Medicine/Arthroscopy / Orthopedic Surgery – Bone & Joint Injury
- Spine and Pediatrics Ortho Surgery
- Joint Replacement / Sports Medicine / Adult Joint Reconstruction
- Spine Surgery and Total Joint Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine, Adult Reconstructive Surgery (Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty)
- Hip and Knee Joint Replacement
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic
- Sports Medicine / Arthroscopy (Knee & Shoulder)
- Joint Replacement/ hip and knee arthroplasty
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
- Lower Joint Revision Arthroplasty Hip Resurfacing and Knee Arthroplasty
- Shoulder Surgery, Sport Medicine & Arthroscopy
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Orthopedic Oncology
- Adult Joint Reconstruction
Benefits of Orthopedic Surgery at Asian Hospital
Patients who would opt for Asian Hospital would take advantage of its many benefits, which include:
- Access to medical technologies Asian Hospital ensures its patients a successful and safe orthopedic surgery by equipping their medical staff with modern and up-to-date medical tools.
- Specialized care: Every patient is different from another. That is why Asian Hospital provides its patients with specialized care that is tailored to their specific musculoskeletal problems. Each patient’s case is thoroughly understood to give the necessary treatments to address their condition, thus helping them to recover quickly.
- Experienced medical staff: On top of its advanced medical technologies and personalized care for every patient, Asian Hospital is home to professional and seasoned medical staff who work diligently and professionally to make sure that patients are taken care of.
Choosing an Orthopaedic Surgeon at Asian Hospital
There are several orthopedic surgeons at Asian Hospital that patients can choose from. If they are having a hard time picking one, patients can check their credentials in terms of their academic qualifications and clinical practice history. Additionally, they can also search for other patients’ reviews that the orthopedic surgeon has handled.
Once they have chosen an orthopedic surgeon, having a doctor-patient relationship is beneficial as it builds trust and loyalty between the two. These could result in increased patient satisfaction, improved understanding of their health problems, and better adherence to medications.