Asian Hospital and Medical Center’s (AHMC) Chrys Specialty Pharmacy provides comprehensive stages of medications for patients with complex disease states. We focus on establishing safe medication practices and providing our patients with the right drug at the right dose, at the right time.
AHMC’s Pharmacy Department offers patient support services and programs that help provide convenient access to drug therapy and sufficient health information. We are committed to bringing our patients better health outcomes.
Our pharmacists are dedicated to bringing patient-focused, cost-effective, and cost-efficient pharmaceutical care. The medication management services offered include:
- Centralized Drug Distribution – A centralized system distributes medication from one pharmacy location.
- Decentralized Drug Distribution – This method keeps medications within a medication room to be dispensed by a pharmacist or a nurse when ordered by a doctor.
- Compounding Sterile Preparations – In sterile preparations, medications are required to be created in an environment free from viruses, bacteria, or any other potentially infectious microorganisms. It ensures that any dosage form of a drug meets the clinical needs of patients, safety, quality, and environmental control requirements. These medications are intended for injections, infusions, or applications directly to the eye.
- Compounding Non-sterile Preparations – This approach creates medication in a clean setting but a sterile environment that is completely free from all microorganisms isn’t required. These medications are taken orally such as capsules and liquids, or those that are topically applied like ointments and creams.
- Drug Information Service – Aiming for enhanced patient care, this service provides objective and unbiased information for medication-related questions. It improves knowledge of medicine use, encourages rational prescribing, and minimizes medication errors.
Hospital pharmacists here administer the use of medicines within the entire institution to provide an adequate supply of safe and effective drugs at all times. They are experts in medicines that work with multidisciplinary teams such as doctors and nurses to advise prescriptions and address medicinal-related issues. The department caters bedside to the inpatient and other clinical concerns such as outpatient-oriented services and emergency needs.
To promote medication safety and effectiveness, clinical pharmacy services include thorough monitoring and assessment of medication orders from other medical units. They also:
- perform medication reconciliation on admissions and when there’s a need to change the level of care
- distribute of medicine
- compound and manufacture medicines when there are no ready-made preparations available
- organize medication chart reviews
- conduct therapeutic drug monitoring and overseeing drug reactions to ensure that medicines work properly
- provide patient counseling before they leave the hospital to ensure that they have the medicines suited for their condition
Our pharmacy department involves selection, procurement, storage, prescribing, dispensing, administration, monitoring and disposal. All of which are conforming to the Joint Commission International (JCI) standards and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
AHMC’s Pharmacy Department is located on the lower ground floor, operating 24 hours a day and seven times a week. Our team follows a shifting schedule with working hours inherent to the operations of five sections, which are: Inpatient dispensing pharmacy, UDDS and satellites, Pharmacy Compounding and Oncology, Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacy Warehouse. Our admin staff, on the other hand, follows regular office hours-shift.