Asian Hospital Deparment of Pediatrics has a strong bench of 134 full-fledged Pediatricians trained here and internationally, ALL of whom are Board Certified by the Philippine Pediatric Society.
Acceptance to the hospital requires a detailed credentialing process and orientation to quality patient care. Consultant performance evaluation is done on a regular basis to maintain the highest standard of care. The staff is directly involved in patient care and the residency training program.
All the Pediatric subspecialties are represented in the Department.
Adolescent Medicine, Allergology and Immunology, Cardiology, Critical Care, Developmental Pediatrics, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Pediatrics, Genetics, Hematology and Oncology, Infectious Disease, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology, Rheumatology; (Child Psychology and Psychiatry with the Department of Psychiatry)
It is accredited by the Joint Commission International hence, has the caliber of International patient safety and quality standards. The hospital was also awarded by Philhealth as a Center for Excellence; and is one of the hospitals in the south of Metro Manila to be awarded as a Mother-Baby Friendly Institution and 2019 Hospital of the Year by Healthcare Asia.
The hospital has a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, to care for the most complex newborn problems; and a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Additional services rendered by the department is the CHILD LIFE PROGRAM which offers psychosocial support to children with chronic illnesses. Asian Hospital is also working to have the establishment of its own CHILD PROTECTION UNIT.
It is also home to a charitable Healthcare service and to a Community Outreach program.
- Dedication to Service
The Asian Hospital and Medical Center Department of Pediatrics aims to become the Center of Excellence in children’s healthcare and wellness by honing competent, compassionate and family-centered pediatricians,maintaining a competitive residency program with utmost integrity that focuses on research and innovation and committing to improve the lives of the children especially those who belong to the community AHMC serves.
The Asian Hospital and Medical Center is committed to promote excellent and ethical medical care to infants, children, and adolescents by:
- Constantly innovating quality pediatric healthcare programs to achieve optimum child care and patient satisfaction
- Upholding competent pediatricians who apply safe and holistic pediatric care and adhere to clinical practice guidelines as well as evidence based practices
- Partnering with parents for a family-centered healthy life style for all children with focus on prevention of diseases and safety of children in their homes
- Educating, training and guiding future pediatricians to excellence in clinical care by building partnership with other services and specialties
- Advocating social responsibility by reaching out to children within the community of AHMC and enhance their well being