Whether it’s your first or fifth time, giving birth is always a joyful and memorable moment for any mom-to-be. Here at AHMC, it is our desire for all our expecting patients to have a safe and positive birthing experience delivered through our comprehensive and compassionate maternity care services.
Equipped with first-class private birthing suites, our Genesis Center is designed to provide expecting moms a calming and comfortable environment where they can feel at home and be more confident during labor. The Center also comes complete with its own ultrasound/colposcopy room, a triage area, a high-risk room, a post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) area, and two operating rooms for Cesarean deliveries, and D&C and LEEP procedures.
We offer full-service care with the health and well-being of the mother and baby in mind. At the Genesis Center, we have extensive experience in performing the two main delivery methods:
- Normal spontaneous delivery – The baby is delivered vaginally through the birth canal without using drugs or medicines to induce labor, and without using tools to deliver the baby.
- Caesarean section – The baby is delivered surgically through an incision made on the abdomen. It is typically recommended when problems arise during labor, but in some cases, a C-section can be planned.
The Genesis Center is also fully equipped to carry out gynecology and maternity care services such as:
- Ultrasound – We use the latest technologies to perform a series of ultrasounds to monitor the baby’s growth and development.
- Non-stress test – This is a non-invasive test that monitors the baby’s heart rate in response to its movements. It is a very safe test that does not put any stress or pressure on the fetus.
- Colposcopy – This diagnostic procedure gives the doctor a clear and magnified view of the cervix. A special instrument called a colposcope is used to better visualize the cervix, vagina and vulva, and check for any abnormalities, specifically cancer cells.
- Pap smear – Similar to a colposcopy, a Pap smear is done to check for cancerous cervical cells. In this method, a swab sample is obtained from the cervix and analyzed in a lab.
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) – LEEP is a diagnostic and treatment procedure that uses a wire loop to remove abnormal cells from the surface of the cervix. The obtained cells can be further assessed in a lab.
- Tocolysis – Anti-contraction medications or labor suppressants are provided when pre-term contractions are experienced to delay delivery and prevent preterm birth.
- Cerclage – This is a procedure in which the cervix is sutured closed to prevent preterm delivery and late miscarriages. It is typically done to address an incompetent cervix.
- Dilation & curettage (D&C) – A D&C is performed to completely empty the uterus and prevent infections. It is usually carried out after a miscarriage or where there is abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Post-delivery tubal ligation – This is a form of permanent sterilization that can be done immediately after childbirth. The fallopian tubes may be tied and cut, clipped, cauterized or removed to prevent future pregnancies.
The Genesis Center is located on the 3rd level of AHMC and is open 24/7. For inquiries, call +(632) 8-771-9000.