The endoscopy unit is a medical facility dedicated to diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the gastrointestinal tract through the use of special types of endoscopes. An endoscope is a long and slender tube instrument attached with a tiny camera, which allows the physician to view the internal organs outside the body on a viewing monitor. Endoscopy is used to describe any procedure that involves using an endoscope to examine the body’s internal parts.
At the Asian Hospital and Medical Center, our Endoscopy Unit is equipped with high-technology endoscopy equipment and is composed of medical professionals who provide extensive diagnostic examinations and therapeutic procedures to patients of all ages. Our accredited professionals are comprised of gastroenterologists, anesthesiologists, registered nurses and clinical assistants committed to ensuring quality patient care.
Our Endoscopy unit offers the following services:
- Gastroscopy – This procedure uses an endoscope to look inside the esophagus, stomach and the first part of the small intestine (duodenum). It is also called an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Colonoscopy – This exam is used to examine the large intestine (colon) and rectum through a flexible fiber-optic instrument inserted into the anus.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy/Proctosigmoidoscopy – This test evaluates the lower part of the large intestine (sigmoid colon) through a flexible tube inserted into the rectum.
- Rigid proctosigmoidoscopy – This technique is used to examine the inside of the rectum and the anus using a straight, hollow metal or plastic tube.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy insertion or replacement – Recommended for patients with swallowing and eating difficulties, this procedure involves placing a feeding tube into the stomach through a small incision.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – This uses a special endoscope to check for abnormalities in the gallbladder, liver, pancreas and bile ducts. ERCP may be done to remove small gallstones and tumors, and for stent placement to expand narrowed ducts.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy with rubber band ligation – This is a procedure that is done to look at the colon and rectum, as well as to address rectal bleeding and prolapsed hemorrhoids.
- Esophageal metal stent insertion – An endoscope is used to guide a metal stent into the esophagus to keep it open. This is typically performed on patients who have a blocked esophagus or swallowing difficulties.
- Self-expanding metallic stents insertion – This procedure involves inserting a mesh tube into any narrowed or blocked path in the gastrointestinal tract to regulate digestion.
- Achalasia balloon dilatation – During this procedure, a balloon-tipped catheter is inserted through the mouth and into the stomach. Once the tip reaches the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the balloon is inflated to expand the LES and restore its function.
- Insertion of intra-gastric balloon – This is a form of bariatric surgery in which a silicone balloon is inserted into the stomach through a catheter and then filled with a sterile saline solution. Doing so helps limit the amount of food the patient eats, thus leading to weight loss.
- Endoscopic mucosal resection – This procedure involves either taking tissue samples from the gastrointestinal tract for a biopsy, or for removing lesions and tumors that have grown within the tract.
- Endoanal ultrasound – This provides images of the anal sphincters and their surrounding structures as well as the pelvic floor.
- Endoscopic ultrasound – This procedure produces images of the lining and walls of your digestive tract and chest as well as the surrounding tissue and organs, such as lungs and lymph nodes.
Our facility comprises of:
- Two (2) procedure rooms
- Endoscopy holding area
- Endoscopy recovery area
- Decontamination room and clean room
For patients with additional surgical procedures or complex interventions aside from the minor endoscopy, the procedure may be done in any operating theatre provided by the Perioperative Services.
AHMC’s endoscopy unit services are available on an inpatient and outpatient basis. We’re open from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Mondays to Saturdays but caters to emergency cases as needed. We accept STAT or urgent cases and limit elective cases on Sundays. Call us at (+632) 771 9000 for inquiries.
- Basic Colonoscopy Package
- Basic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy Package
- Basic Gastroscopy Package
- Modified Basic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy Package
- Modified Basic Gastroscopy Package
- Modified Basic Colonoscopy Package
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy (Local) Package
- Modified Flexible Sigmoidoscopy (Local) Package
- Excision Package – AACF
- Fibroscan Package
- REGENERA Package
- Dental Alveoloplasty Package
- Modified Dental Alveoloplasty Package
- Excision of osseous tuberosities-dentoalveolar structures
- Modified Excision of osseous tuberosities-dentoalveolar structures