At the Asian Hospital and Medical Center (AHMC), we are committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services to patients diagnosed with diabetes. With this we have established our Diabetes Center that aims to help diabetes patients maintain a healthy lifestyle and control their symptoms effectively through diabetes education services and multidisciplinary treatments.
Here at AHMC, we understand that diabetes is a disease that can be difficult to manage, nor is it one that should be taken lightly. Thus, we deliver effective and specially tailored treatment plans for patients to ensure both their good health and quality of life. We are also focused on educating our patients about their health so that they are properly guided and better able to make well-informed decisions with regards to the treatments available to them.
Our Diabetes Center care team is composed of well-trained diabetes nurse educators and highly skilled endocrinologists working together to deliver quality care and support. Our services include:
- Diabetes Education – Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disease that occurs when the body does not produce insulin or does not use it efficiently. As much as possible, we want our patients to be fully educated on what diabetes is, as well as the diagnostic tests and treatments the condition entails. Our Diabetes Center is always open to address all concerns and inquiries related to diabetes.
- Insulin Injection Techniques – Insulin is a hormone that is produced by the pancreas that is responsible for regulating the glucose levels of the body. With diabetes type 1, the patient is unable to produce enough insulin, and so insulin shots are required. AHMC’s Diabetes Center provides assistance in teaching patients the steps and techniques used to administer insulin shots on themselves.
- Hypoglycemia Protocols – Hypoglycemia is a condition referring to low sugar or glucose level in the blood. Our center is fully equipped to perform diagnostic tests and treatments to detect hypoglycemia and effectively manage its symptoms.
- DM Foot Care Screening/Assessment – Diabetes makes some patients more prone to a range of foot problems, including the need for amputation in the most severe of cases. We offer diabetic foot screening to determine any risk factors for diabetic foot abnormalities as early as possible, ensuring prompt treatment where necessary.
- Gestational Diabetes Education – Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that develops during pregnancy. It often goes away after the baby is born, but complications may arise when left untreated during the pregnancy. Our healthcare practitioners will work with you and your gynaecologist-obstetrician to determine a treatment plan to keep diabetes symptoms at bay and facilitate a smooth and healthy pregnancy.
- Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG) – We teach our patients to monitor their blood glucose levels regularly. This ensures prompt treatment if problems are detected.
- Diabetes Conversation Map – This is an education tool guide created by certified facilitators to engage groups of diabetic patients in a friendly environment to help bring about effective behavior change.
The Diabetes Center is located on the 4th Floor, Tower 1, Lifestyle Medicine Center and operates from Mondays to Saturdays, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Contact us at (+632) 771 9000 for an excellent diabetes education service.