The Sports Medicine and Human Performance Center (SMHPC) of Asian Hospital and Medical Center is a facility that provides cutting-edge diagnostic tests and treatment options for musculoskeletal injuries related to work, sports, trauma or overuse.
SMHPC is a branch of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation that aims to provide maximum physical ability and function through therapeutic techniques, use of modalities, and comprehensive analysis of rehab conditions.
AHMPC’s physical therapists are dedicated to promoting, maintaining and restoring maximum health, and physical function and ability. The services we offer include:
- Physical therapy – This branch of rehabilitation addresses movement dysfunctions, impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities as they relate to mobility and health. This includes massage, exercise, and heat treatment rather than medication or surgery.
- Medical fitness – This involves medically integrated programs specifically designed to maximize one’s health and quality of life. It is often staffed by exercise physiologists, physical therapists and athletic trainers.
- Sports medicine – Also known as sports and exercise medicine (SEM), sports medicine addresses patients who suffer from injuries related to sports and exercise. Aside from treating sports-related injuries, this method also offers injury prevention, rehabilitation, nutrition and performance training.
- Conditioning program – This refers to body conditioning exercises that help strengthen and improve your muscles, performance and cardiovascular health. Physical conditioning has a range of components, including power, strength, speed, balance, agility, coordination and endurance.
Other procedures related to rehabilitation include:
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) ultrasound – This produces an image of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints throughout the body through the use of high-frequency sound waves. It helps diagnose sprains, tears, trapped nerves, and other soft tissue conditions.
Aside from the surgical and nonsurgical care, the center provides access to Technogym, the world leader in cutting-edge fitness equipment for patient rehabilitation and physical therapy. The gym is equipped not only with physical fitness equipment but also with valuable tools for medical facilities.
The facility consists of registered physical therapists and resident trainers, who help treat patients suffering from sports-related injuries or chronic diseases, and in some cases, acute conditions. Accredited coaches here conduct functional movement assessments and programs tailored to each patient’s needs to improve performance while promoting physical fitness.
Our team of sports medicine experts and other medical personnel ensure the highest quality care and service for patients. Be it an athlete or nonathlete conditions, AHMC offers a sophisticated approach to help people with health problems limiting their bodily functions and movements, to get back to work and enjoy their normal lives.
The goal of SMHPC is to help patients achieve the highest level of function and independence to help them get back on doing the things they love, as safely and as quickly as possible.
The Sports Medicine and Human Performance Center is located on the Lower Ground Floor Wing B of the Tower 1 Building and is open for the patients and rehab clients on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Call us at (+632) 8771 9000 for inquiries.