The Section of Endocrinology specialty provides consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic services for the full range of endocrine problems. These include:
- Pituitary disorders including pituitary tumors, acromegaly, and diabetes insipidus.
- Thyroid disorders including Graves’ disease and other forms of hyperthyrodism, thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, goiter, and thyroid tumors.
- Disorders of mineral metabolism including hyperparathyroidism and other hypercalcemias, osteoporosis, osteomalacia, and hypoparathyroidism.
- Adrenal disorders including Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease and pheochromocytoma as well as hyperaldosteronism and other disorders of mineral metabolism.
- Endocrine pancreas conditions including Type I and Type II diabetes mellitus, hypoglycemic conditions and insulin secreting tumors.
- Ovarian conditions including abnormal menstrual cycles, hirsutism, infertility, perimenopause, and menopausal states.
- Testicular conditions including impotence, loss of sexual interest, diminished testosterone production, hypogonadism, and infertility.