• Arterial Blood Gas Analysis (ABG)
• Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
• Peak Expiratory Flow Rate (PEFR)
• Pulse Oximetry
• Spontaneous Parameters
• Rapid Shallow Breathing (RSB)
• Mechanical Ventilation
• Nebulization/Aerosol Therapy
• Oxygen Therapy
• Chest physiotherapy (CPT) \
• Incentive Spirometry (IS)
• Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing (IPPB)
Arterial Blood Gas Analysis (ABG) evaluates the oxygenation, ventilation, and acid-base abnormalities of the arterial blood.
Peak Expiratory Flow Rate is a simple spirometric procedure that reflects large airways obstruction and detects changes in airways that signal worsening of symptoms or improvement in breathing function. It uses the Wright’s Peak Flow Meter.
Spontaneous Parameters is an index for the tolerability of the patient during weaning from a mechanical ventilator. Using the Wright Respirometer, it measures the following parameters:
• Vital Capacity,Forced or Slow (VC)
• Spontaneous Tidal Volume (sVt)
• Minute Ventilation (Ve)
Pulse Oximetry is a non-invasive determination or monitoring of arterial oxygen saturation (sO2)
• Procedure: Spot Check or 24-hour Monitoring
• Probes: Reusable, Disposable / Adult, Pediatric, Neonatal
• Sites: Index finger, earlobe, large toe, nose
• Machine: Nellcor-Puritan Pulse Oximeter
Mechanical Ventilation at Asian Hospital and Medical Center is done using new-generation, microprocessor-equipped Drager ventilators which serve a wide range of patients—from the elderly to infants and children, from acutely and chronically ill patients to those who are critically ill.
Ventilator Models: Evita 4, Evita 2 Dura, Babylog 8000 plus, Respicare CV, CF 800, Oxylog 1000 (transport vent)
CPAP / BIPAP is the application of positive pressure to the airways of spontaneously breathing patients. It is a non-invasive method for the treatment of respiratory failure and a recommended therapy for patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Machines: Respicare CV, CF 800
Nebulization/Aerosol Therapy provides continuous humidification of patient’s airways using large volume nebulizers.
• Equipment: Large-Volume Inline Nebulizers (Kendall, Aquapak)
• Delivery: T-piece, trache-mask, oxygen mask, face hood